Tuesday 26 June 2012

Homemade Potato Chips Tutorial

Okay!! This is my first tutorial, so sit back, grab your coffee (mine is in my mustache cup that i painted :D)

and sit back and learn how to deep (or should I say shallow?) fry chips!!

Peel thy potato (i just used the cheap russets)


I made a big mess... haha I am terrible at peeling potatoes--usually its my husband's job but he was working today :) owell!!

Then slice those babies with a mandolin


Use the guard thingie!! I have seen way too many people slice off a piece of their hand--yuck!

Put some oil in your metal pot (I used olive oil because I wanted to use it up before it expired teehee, so that is probably expensive if you use olive oil every time haha)


I put it to medium heat on my stove, waited until it was hot enough that when you flick a bit of water in the oil it crackles like crazy. Then put in some of your thinly sliced potato bitties! My pot held about 8 large slices at a time.


Notice the METAL utensil on the stove. Make sure it's metal lol I just used whatever metal utensil i had in the drawer and it turned out to work pretty good!! It's like a.. uhm.. spaghetti grabber? hahaha Whatever you get it!!


sizzle sizzle sizzle--sizzle sizzle sizzle--sizzle sizzle sizzle

k anyways lol, leave them in there until they start turning a bit golden brown. Trust me, they can burn fast haha, even when they got a darker golden brown they didn't taste as good--I took them out juuuust after they were cooked through.

and VOILA


Quickly toss a little bit of salt on them while they are still hot. Yum yum in my tum! A little time consuming, but delicious!! I hope you enjoy :) If I could do it, you soooo can!!

Let me know if you have any tips to help me out for the next time--how do you make your chips?

Thanks for stopping by!

Rachael

1 comment:

  1. hehehe yup they were amazing!! nice and crispy like lays chips ^.^

    ReplyDelete