Monday 20 February 2012

Amazing Iced Coffee!!

I finally found an iced coffee recipe I ADORE!! I have tried several times and several ways, and I finally found a homemade iced coffee that rocks my socks off!!

Apparently the key to an amazing chilly coffee is cold brewing the coffee, not just adding ice to regular coffee.
 I took 4.5 cups of water, and added 1 cup of coffee grounds (I just used folgers medium roast grounds, though wikipedia suggests coarse grounds. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_brew_coffee) in a jug, and put it in the fridge overnight, around 12 hours. Then, I put a paper filter in a strainer over another jug and slowly added the coffee mixture until it was all strained through. I must admit it did take a few hours lol, I kept going back to it whenever i remembered to refill the filter. :) 

Next, just fill a glass with ice and pour about 2/3rds coffee in there and 1/3 flavoured creamer (I use the toffee caramel stuff) and add a straw. AMAZING!!!!! Anyways, enjoy! Let me know what you come up with!!

No comments:

Post a Comment